Turkish Airlines Popular Flight Routes
included: 20 kg
||Entertainment on board
||Food served on board
Full service airline (International routes).
Turkish Airlines is the national flag carrier airline of Turkey, headquartered at the Turkish Airlines General Management Building on the grounds of Atatürk Airport in Yeşilköy, Bakırköy, Istanbul. Turkish Airlines has thrice won the Skytrax awards for Europe's Best Airline, Southern Europe's Best Airline, and the World's Best Premium Economy Class Airline Seat for three consecutive years in 2011, 2012 and 2013. It operates scheduled services to 41 domestic and 203 international airports in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas. With 245 destinations, the airline is the fourth-largest carrier in the world by number of destinations.
Date Established : 20 May 1933
Hubs : Istanbul Atatürk Airport and Sabiha Gökçen International Airport
Turkish Airlines Class Available
- Economy Class: Economy Class are equipped with wide seat pitch, it is 31-32 inch(78 cm) with maximum seatback recline, is 6 inches(15 cm). However, the seat pan also moves forward an additional 1.5 inches (3.5 cm)providing a total recline of 7.5 inches(19 cm). An onboard power receptacle on the front foot bar underneath the seat pan supplies energy for laptops and other electrical devices is available at every seat. A personal USB and Ethernet jack is also available at each seat. Each seat has a non-intrusive, flush headrest that extends a maximum of 5 inches. An adjustable footrest is available for additional comfort.
- Comfort Class : Each seat have wide seat pitch, 46 inches(116 cm), with seat width is 19.5 inches(49 cm). Full seat recline is 8.8 inches(22 cm), providing additional comfort for relaxing or sleeping. Adjustable leg rests are available at every seat. Personal monitors with 10.6 inch (27 cm) in size and include connections in the center console for personal media transfer, such as Ipod or IPad. Individual reading light. Meal tables, located in the armrests, also serve as angled work surfaces for reading or tablets. Power receptacles located on the center console supply energy for laptops and other electrical devices.
- Business Class : The Business Class seat includes ottoman that creates a 75 inch (188 cm) long sleeping space when in the fully-reclined bed position. Reading light located underneath the Armrest services when it is deployed as a privacy screen. A reading light is available for each passenger and lighting as well as other seat function controls like a massage button, and position selections are conveniently accessed on a control panel beneath the armrest. An onboard power receptacle supplies energy for laptops and other electrical devices. The armrest also serves as a privacy screen and is controlled by a touch button. The large table is located in the center console and moves forward/backward as well as swiveling to allow more freedom of movement. Main Control unit is located in the center console, at the front end of the armrest serves full control of the bed.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Allowance
- Business Class : Passengers are allowed to bring 2 pieces of cabin baggage with total weight 8 kg and maximum size 55x40x23 cm.
- Comfort and Economy Class : Passengers are allowed to bring 1 piece of cabin baggage with total weight 8 kg and maximum size 55x40x23 cm.
- Passengers with infants are allowed to bring one more piece of cabin baggage with the same weight and size limit.
- Regardless of flight classes and card statuses, small personal items such as camera, handbags, briefcase, laptops, baby strollers, can be carried on cabin for free.
- If the bag-type strollers cannot be placed under the seats or inside the overhead bins and/or they cannot be tied to the seats safely; they will be taken to the cargo deck without claiming any charge.
- Duty-free products shall be excluded from the implementation of cabin baggage carriage regulations.
- Checked In (Free Baggage Policy):
- For international flights, the free baggage allowance is 30 kg total for the Business Class travelers and 20 kg for the Comfort and Economy Class travelers.
- Infant baggage allowance is 10 kg plus 1 collapsible baby carriage / buggy (maximum total size 115 cm).
- For flights out of Jakarta and Norway the free baggage allowance is 40 kg total for the Business Class travelers and 30 kg for the Economy Class travelers.
- The free baggage allowance may vary according to reservation class and departure runway. Please check your ticket for information regarding your free baggage right.
Turkish Airlines In-Flight Entertainment
The Planet digital system and individual touch-screens are used for in-flight entertainment on Turkish Airlines international flights. The Planet digital system offers the following in its Entertainment section:Close to 350 films and short programs including Latest releases and Children’s films as well as television series, dramas, documentaries, sports, travel, food, fashion and technology programs and cartoons;some 600 CD albums. An individual and multiple player Game channel, a Children’s channel and an Audio Book channel are also available.
Turkish Airlines Food and Beverage
- Economy : For Economy class, every meal options has elegantly selected from Turkish and world cuisine comprise the richest selections from Turkish cuisine. Turkish Airlines also serve sandwich and cake in some of long haul flights.
- Comfort : Turkish Airlines welcome their guests with welcome drinks. Meals are made from fresh ingredients such as salad and green vegetables, with a choice of hot menu served in porcelain dishes, created from Turkish and World Cuisine. Every meal is topped off with dessert, fruit and cheese selections. Before landing Turkish Airlines offer a second meal service with hot or cold meal options and passengers may also choose lighter selections.
- Business : Turkish Airlines serve fresh welcome drinks for all Business Class guests. Meals are served in porcelain dishes on flights. A rich selection from hors d’oeuvres and soup service are available. Hot drinks including cappuccino, hot chocolate, Turkish Coffee and Turkish Delight are also available for your pleasure.
- All meals served on Turkish Airlines flights are included in the category of Moslem Meal (MOML) and are in accord with Islamic religious beliefs.
- Meal service type and the content may vary depending on flight profile.
- Since baby food falls into the category of ‘special meal” on Turkish Airlines flights, special meal (Baby Meal) request must be made either while making a reservation or at least 24 hours before scheduled takeoff.
Turkish Airlines Check In
- Check-in time is one hour prior to the scheduled departure time of domestic flights and two hours prior to the scheduled departure time of international flights. Check-in will be closed a minimum of 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of international flights and a minimum of 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of domestic flights.
- The online check-in process starts 24 hours before the flight departure time and ends 90 minutes prior to flight departure time. On-line check-in is available for up to 7 passengers in the same reservation record (PNR).
- Turkish Airlines Self Check-IN KIOSK machines are available on selected international airports.
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Jakarta Departure : Terminal 2D
- Changi International Airport Singapore Departure : Terminal 1
Turkish Airlines Fare Rules
- A ticket is not transferable.
- Child passengers who have celebrated their seventh birthday on or before the day of travel, but haven't yet celebrated their eleventh birthdays, who are permitted by their parents or legal guardians to travel unattended.
- Pregnant women expecting one baby can fly with a doctor's report that states that they are fit to fly by air carriage between 28-35 weeks. After that, they are no longer fit to fly even with medical clearance.
- In the case of a fare class change for both domestic and international tickets on flight type basis, the ticketing service charge amount for the highest fare class will be applied.
Turkish Airlines Change and Refund
- Carrier shall be entitled to make refund either to the person named in the ticket, or to the person who has paid for the ticket upon presentation of satisfactory proof.
- If no portion of the ticket has been used, an amount equal to the fare paid will be refunded, less any applicable service charges or cancellation fees.
- If the portion of the ticket has been used, the refund will be an amount equal to the difference between the fare paid and the applicable fare for travel between the points for which the ticket has been used, less any applicable service charges or cancellation fees.
- After the expiry of the validity of the ticket Carrier may refuse refund when application therefore is made later than the time prescribed in Carrier's Regulations.
- Promotional class domestic ticket fares do not allow cancellation and refund and change of reservation and flight type neither before nor after the flight.
- Cancellation / refund requested to your ticket will apply to all passenger tickets included in your reservation.