Qantas Popular Flight Routes
included: 23 kg
||Entertainment on board
||Food served on board
Full service airline (International routes).
Qantas Airways Limited or Qantas Foundation (QF) is the largest domestic and international airlines in Australia and the second oldest in the world. The airline is registered originally as Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services Limited (QANTAS). Qantas headquarters are located in the Qantas Centre in the Mascot suburb of the City of Botany Bay, Sydney, New South Wales. Qantas offers services across a network spanning about 182 destinations in 44 countries in Australia, Asia, USA, Europe, the Middle East and also Africa.
Date Established : 16 November 1920
Hubs : Sydney Airport, Melbourne Airport and Brisbane Airport
Qantas Class Available
- First Class: Qantas First Class cabin is equipped with extra-wide fully flat bed of up to 212 cm on A380 aircraft and 200 cm on B747 aircraft, pillow, blankets, amenity kits, socks, sleeper suit and legroom. Passengers are able to enjoy 110V AC PC power supply, make in-flight telephone calls and send or receive text messages. Snacks or light meals are available at any time during the flight. Passengers can choose from prestige wines, spirits and beers, along with leaf tea and espresso coffee. In-flight entertainment system features 17 inch touch screen on the A380 and 10.4 inch screen on B747 aircraft with AVOD programs and noise cancelling headsets will entertain First Class passengers.
- International Business Class: Qantas International Business Class cabin is equipped with comfortable seats that can be converted into fully lie-flat or “Skybed” that feature a pitch of 60 inches with a width of 21.5 inches, personal reading light, amenity kits, laptop power outlets, USB connectivity, a personal telephone, a personal touch screen up to 12.1 inches, noise-cancelling headsets and AVOD programs. Passengers are also able to enjoy onboard lounge on A380 aircraft which is equipped with a 58cm LCD screen and magazines. Special food and beverages are also provided.
- Domestic Business Class: On Boeing Sky Interior B737-800 and refurbished B767 aircraft, passengers are able to enjoy ergonomic seats with comfortable recline, wide seat back, an extendable leg rest, blanket, pillow, personal 10.6 inch digital screen on A330-200 and B737-800 aircraft, PC power, USB port and personal telephone. Onboard selected A330 aircraft, passenger is also able to enjoy the Skybed in Business.
For Business Class passengers, Qantas provides access to Business Lounges before departure time.
Premium Economy Class: Qantas Premium Economy Class is only available on Airbus A380 and all Boeing 747-400 aircraft. Passengers can relax in a private cabin of between 32 and 40 ergonomic seats which feature a pitch of 38 with a width of 19.5 inches, multi-way adjustable headrest, extra legroom, footrest, elbow room and storage for tray table and in-flight entertainment screen. Amenity kits with eyeshade, toothbrush, toothpaste and socks are also provided as well as cotton pillow and blanket for long haul flight. Passengers are also able to enjoy 110V AC PC power supply, make in-flight telephone calls and send or receive text messages.
Economy Class: Qantas Economy Class cabin is equipped with ergonomic chair with flexible headrest that can be adjusted. The seat pitch is usually 31 inches and seat width ranges from 17 inches to 17.5 inches. On A380s and refurbished B747s, footrest, more legroom, socks, amenity kits, cotton pillow, blanket and 4 self-service snack bars located in between cabins are provided for additional comfort on longer journeys. Entertainment in-flight is also available. Passengers are also able to enjoy 110V AC PC power supply, make in-flight telephone calls and send or receive text messages on all A380, B747-400 and A330-300 aircraft.
Qantas Baggage Allowance
- Cabin :
- Each passenger is permitted one piece of carry-on cabin baggage, such as a shopping bag or handbag, with dimensions W56cm×H36cm×D23cm with the sum of three dimensions not more than 115cm (45in) and total weighs do not exceed 7 kg (15 lbs.)
- Only for international flight passengers with infant are permitted to bring infant food into their baggage with maximum length 115 cm and weight 10 kg. For domestic flight passengers, there is no carry-on baggage allowance for infants.
- Check-In (Free Baggage Allowance Policy):
- International Flights (excluding North & South America): The baggage allowance regulation of Qantas gives 30 kilograms of free luggage allowance for Economy Class passengers, 40 kilograms for Premium Economy and Business Class passengers, and 50 kilograms for First Class passengers.
- International Flights to North & South America: The baggage allowance regulation of Qantas gives 23 kilograms of free luggage allowance for Economy and Premium Economy Class, and 32 kilograms for Business and First Class passengers.
- Domestic Flight: The baggage allowance regulation of Qantas gives 23 kilograms od free luggage allowance for Economy Class abd 32 kilograms for limit for Business Class up to 32 kg.
- Sporting equipment can be carried with no extra cost, maximum 32 kg in weight.
- Musical instrument can be carried with maximum length 81 cm, width 19 cm and height 30 cm. or maximum weight 7 kg for all class.
Qantas In-Flight Entertainment
- iQ: featured in all classes of the Airbus A380 as well domestic Airbus A330-200s. The audio video on demand (AVOD) features entertainment options, Wi-Fi, touch screens, mobile phone, USB port and iPod connectivity.
- The Mainscreen System: installed on all domestic configured Boeing 737-800s as well as in Economy and Business Class sections on Boeing 767 aircraft.
- Total Entertainment System: featured on all Boeing 747-400, Airbus A330-300 and international-configuration Airbus A330-200 aircraft. The AVOD includes personal LCD screens located in the seat back for Economy and Business Class and in the armrest for Premium Economy and First Class.
- In-flight magazine is named Qantas the Australian Way.
- Q Streaming is Wireless In-flight Entertainment system which is streamed to iPads. It available on Boeing 767-300 aircraft for all classes. Passengers are able to enjoy a selection of movies, music, TV programs and Kids Zone.
Qantas Food and Beverage
- Domestic Economy Class: Passengers are able to experience premium selection meals including signature breakfast options, snacks, both sweet and savoury in between meal times. Passengers will also enjoy beer and wine on selected domestic flights.
- Domestic Business Class: Passengers are able to enjoy inflight dining option when they travel around Australia. Hot and cold menus are offered along with a selection of premium wines from the Qantas Wine Cellar. Besides, delicious items such as cheese from Bottega Rotolo and handmade cakes are also offered.
- International Economy Class: Passengers are able to enjoy a variety of dining options presented on Marc Newson tableware. Fresh fruit, ice cream, a selection of premium Australian wines, water bottles and refresh packs are available. Passengers with specific dietary requirements may request for special meals in advance. On the A380 self service snack bars are also located throughout the cabin.
- Premium Economy Class: Passengers are able to enjoy a pre-take drink before enjoying their meal with a selection snacks. Passenger can select their gourmet main course from a premium selection of dishes at least 12 hours before departure. On the A380 self service snack bars are also located throughout the cabin. Passengers with specific dietary requirements may request for special meals in advance.
- International Business Class: Passenger will experience delicious refreshment such as Chicken Schnitzel and Swiss Cheese Toasted Sandwich. Passengers with specific dietary requirements may request for special meals in advance. On all B747-400, A330 and A380 aircraft, passengers also can enjoy inflight bar.
- First Class: First Class passengers are able to enjoy five star dining menu created by Neil Perry with award winning wines and champagnes.
Qantas Check In
- International Flights: Check-in counters are opened 2 hours before departure and will be closed 90 minutes before departure time.
- Domestic Flights Check-in counters are opened 2 hours before departure and will be closed 30 minutes before departure time.
- Sydney Airport Departure: Terminal 1 (International flight), Terminal 3 (Domestic Flight)
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Jakarta Departure: Terminal 2D
- Singapore Changi Airport Departure: Terminal 1
- Web Check-in available beginning 24 hours to 2 hours (for international flights) or 24 hours to 1 hour (for domestic flights) prior to flight departure time.
Qantas Fare Rules
Qantas reserve the right to change passengers’ seat at any time for operational, safety or security reason even after passengers have boarded the aircraft.
Fare does not include ground transport between one airport and another or between the airport and any other place.
Qantas Change and Refund
- Requests for changes or cancellation of a reservation can only be made directly to Qantas or Authorized Agent.
- In accordance with US Department of Transportation rules, customers who purchase a ticket in the United States for travel on Qantas may cancel their reservations and have their ticket refunded without charge within 24 hours of ticketing when the ticket is purchased one week or more prior to scheduled departure of the first flight in the itinerary.
- Ticket is not transferable to another person.
- Passenger may request a refund for the unused portion of the ticket within 12 months after the original date of Ticket issue.