Korean Air Popular Flight Routes
included: 23 kg
||Entertainment on board
||Food served on board
Full service airline (International routes).
Korean Air, is both the flag carrier and the largest airline of South Korea, with global headquarters located in Gonghang-dong, Gangseo-gu, Seoul, South Korea. Right now Korean Air's international passenger division and related subsidiary cargo division together serve 130 cities in 45 countries, and also is one of few airlines that fly to all six inhabited continents.
Date Established : 1962 (First commenced operations)
Hubs : Seoul Gimpo International Airport and Seoul Incheon International Airport
Korean Air Class Available
- First Class : Each seat ergonomically designed to accommodate passengers’ individual needs and comfort. Its shell-type design provides you with independent space and ensures complete privacy with 180-degree lie-flat seat. Passengers will be entertained with an individual wide screen and varied in-flight entertainment programs. In-seat power supply system supports various types of plugs is available on seat. The type and size of a seat and its available features and services may vary according to flight route, time and aircraft type, currently there are three types of First Class at Korean Air; Kosmo Suites, Sleeper Seat, and Kosmo Sleeper Seat.
- Prestige Class : Prestige class passengers can enjoy 180-degree full flat seats which previously were only available for first-class passengers. With the sky office “Prestige Sleeper Seat”, now passengers can experience maximum comfort and a convenient business environment throughout their flights. Slippers are provided to all passengers on international flights. The type and size of a seat and its available features and services may vary according to flight route, time and aircraft type, currently there are two types of Prestige Class at Korean Air; Sleeper Seat, and Plus Seat.
- Economy Class : The ergonomically designed slim seat with a sliding seat cushion offers more room for a comfortable flight. The 18ins wide seat and 34ins space between seats in addition to 121-degree reclining back support offers exceptional comfort and experience unlike any other economy-class seats. A high resolution LCD wide screen and state-of-the-art AVOD (Audio & Video on Demand) system are available for all seats allowing you to select any channel at any time. Each seat is equipped with power supply system with various types of plugs.
Korean Air Baggage Allowance
- Economy : Passengers can bring one cabin baggage plus an additional permitted belongings (laptop, briefcase, handbags) with total weight maximum 12kg/26lb and three dimensions cannot exceeds 55 x 40 x 20 (cm) or a total sum of less than 115 (cm) per piece.
- Prestige and First : Passengers can bring two pieces of cabin baggage, with total weight maximum 18kg/40lb and three dimensions cannot exceeds 55 x 40 x 20 (cm) or a total sum of less than 115 (cm) per piece.
- Checked In (Free Baggage Policy):
- Economy : Passenger is allowed to bring 1 piece of checked baggage (max. 23kg/50lb per piece). The sum of three dimensions of each piece must be within 158cm/62in.
- Prestige : Passenger is allowed to bring 2 pieces of checked baggage (max. 32kg/70lb per piece). The sum of three dimensions of each piece must be within 158cm/62in.
- First : Passenger is allowed to bring 3 pieces of checked baggage (max.32kg/70lb per piece). The sum of three dimensions of each piece must be within 158cm/62in
- Children under 12 years are allowed to the same as adult's baggage allowance and 1 collapsible stroller and 1 child seat.
- Passengers with infants are allowed to bring additional 1 bag with a size less than 115cm/45in and maximum weight of 10kg/22lb and 1 collapsible stroller and 1 child seat (or portable cradle).
- Sport equipments are counted as checked baggage. If baggage count (sports equipment number of bags to be checked) exceeds the free allowance by your fare type, extra piece fee will apply.
Korean Air In-Flight Entertainment
Passengers can enjoy more than 60 movies, 70 short features and 500 music CDs in addition to a wide range of video games and news programs using their personal monitor and AVOD (Audio & Video on Demand) system. A wide range of newspapers and magazines from all over the world in addition to Korean Air’s in-flight magazine such as Morning Calm, Beyond and SkyShop are also available.
Korean Air Food and Beverage
In-flight meals are prepared by the first-class chef using high-quality ingredients and served with the premium service of a high-class hotel.
Korean Air, two-time winner of the prestigious Mercury Award, offers carefully selected western, Chinese and Japanese course menus in addition to a traditional Korean menu together with top-quality wines recognized as the Cellars in the Sky and luxurious tableware made by the world's most distinguished maker.
Korean Air Check In
- Check-In Closing time: 40 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure for international flights and 20 minutes for domestic flights.
- Due to heightened security, for flights from North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, check-in counter will be closed 60 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure.
- Boarding starts 35 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time, and will be closed 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Web Check-In Service is available from 4 hours to 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Jakarta Departure : Terminal 2E
- Changi International Airport Singapore Departure : Terminal 2
Korean Air Fare Rules
- If an infant is under 2 years of age (between 7 days and 24 months from the date of birth) at the time of the first flight, and is not occupying a seat, the airfare will be 10% of the accompanying adult’s airfare.
- For a child between 2 and 12 years of age at the time of the first flight, 75% of the accompanying adult’s fare will apply.
- Ticket cannot be transferred to another individual's name.
Korean Air Change and Refund
- Change is available. It depends on the fare basis of your ticket. For tickets that allow modifications, a new ticket will be issued after you pay the service fee and fare for the new destination.
- Regardless of the cancellation of your booking, all ticket refunds are subject to a refund service charge or a refund penalty.
- For promotional tickets, a refund penalty may also apply depending on the fare rules. If a refund penalty applies, then the service charge will be exempt.
- Refund may not be possible if the refund request is made more than 30 days after the expiry date
- Refund of a completely-unused air ticket must be processed in the same country where the ticket is originally issued, call NusaTrip for further assistance.