Japan Airlines Popular Flight Routes
included: 23 kg
||Entertainment on board
||Food served on board
Full service airline (International routes).
Japan Airlines Co., Ltd. (JAL), is an airline headquartered in Shinagawa, Tokyo, Japan. It is the flag carrier of Japan and its main hubs are Tokyo's Narita International Airport and Tokyo International Airport (Haneda Airport), as well as Osaka's Kansai International Airport and Osaka International Airport. This airline have three subsidiaries (J-Air, JAL Express, and Japan Transocean Air). JAL group operations include scheduled and non-scheduled international and domestic passenger and cargo services to 220 destinations in 35 countries worldwide, including codeshares.
Date Established: 1 August 1951
Hubs: Haneda Airport (Tokyo), Kansai International Airport(Osaka), Narita International Airport(Tokyo), Osaka International Airport (Osaka)
Japan Airlines Class Available
- First Class: All cabins are outfitted with premium, genuine leather. With simple touch of button, the seat can be reclined into a fully flat bed. A plush mattress pad and pillows are available. A personal screens that has been expanded to 23 inch with MAGIC in flight entertainment system and universally designed controller to adjust seat position are conveniently located next to the a large compartment at the passenger's side. A handy amenity kit, relaxing wear, healthcare products and portable air massager are available as complimentary services.
- Business Class: Stretch out on the fully flat bed with exclusively designed mattress and pillow. A liquid-crystal touch panel controller and 23-inch LCD monitor are available on each seat. Generous storage are available at a shelf overhead every seat and beneath the ottoman. USB port and power outlet are available. Cardigan, amenity kit, healthcare products and portable air massager available as complimentary service.
- Premium Economy Class: Enjoy a new wide Premium Economy Class cabin, with 42 inches seat pitch size, 12.1-inch touch-panel head-back monitor, three-step adjustable footrest, spacious table, USB port and power outlet, plus bottle holder, all ready at each seat. Amenity kit, healthcare products and portable air massager available as complimentary service.
- Economy Class: Enjoy a large space legroom with 34 inches seat pitch size and 10.6-inch touch-panel head-back monitor at every seat. USB port and power outlet are available. Amenity kit, healthcare products and portable air massager available as complimentary service.
Japan Airlines Baggage Allowance
- Cabin :
- Each passenger is permitted one piece of carry-on cabin baggage, such as a shopping bag or handbag, and one bag with dimensions W55cm×H40cm×D25cm with the sum of three dimensions not more than 115cm (45in) and total weighs do not exceed 10 kg (22 lbs.)
- Check-In (Free Baggage Allowance Policy):
- Economy Class and Premium Economy Class : Passengers are permitted to bring two pieces of luggage, with maximum weight 23kg(50lbs) per piece. Total sum of three dimensions must not exceeds 203cm, including any wheels and handle(s).
- Business Class and First Class : Passengers are permitted to bring three pieces of luggage, with maximum weight 32kg(70lbs) per piece. Total sum of three dimensions must not exceeds 203cm, including any wheels and handle(s).
- Infant entitled to a seat : The baggage allowance is the same as adult, depending on the class.
- Infant not entitled to a seat: 1 piece with same total linear dimensions (length height width) and weight as accompanying adult.
- A fully collapsible stroller, carrying basket and car seat for infant or child may be accepted without charge.
Japan Airlines In-Flight Entertainment
JAL's MAGIC in-flight entertainment system will make the hours fly by with hit movies, games and audio programming covering everything from the latest pop tunes to traditional Rakugo-style Japanese comic monologues. Watch blockbuster movies specially commissioned video programs, or Test your skills against baffling board games, action-packed video games and more. Skyward in-flight magazine is available.
Japan Airlines Food and Beverage
- First Class : Choose from a range of thoughtful extras such as trace mineral-rich salts and seasonings, farm-fresh French butter (Beurre Échiré), anytime you want it. Choice of Vegetarian Diet, Western and Japanese cuisine, designed by Chef Seiji Yamamoto of "Japanese cuisine Ryugin" boasting 3 Michelin star for 2013 placed 22nd in the World's 50 Best Restaurants 2013. All available with extensive ala carte menu on each category. Advance meal reservations now available for First Class in-flight meals, at least 24 hours prior to departure. Wide range of wine, champagne, sake and shochu selection are available. For a passenger not drinking alcohol, the Royal Blue Tea; Chinese high-grade tea; is offered with a wine glass. JAL Original Chocolate by Jean-Paul Héin will be presented exclusively for all JAL First Class passengers.
- Business Class : Enjoy the fresh ingredients in each dish, Japanese cuisine and Western cuisine designed by Chef Chikara YAMADA. You may find Japanese inspiration in his menu. Passengers can order in-flight meals (a la carte menu) by tapping liquid-crystal touch-panel controller. Wide range of wine, champagne, sake and shochu selection are available. The tasty snack-sized servings of wheat noodles, soba buckwheat noodles, or Chinese-style ramen noodles are available.
- Premium Economy Class : Choose your preference from JAL Kitchen Gallery. Enjoy the Air Series meals from your favorite chain restaurant or endulge yourself with JAL Class Creative Gourmet delicacy or Special Collaboration menu on certain route. JAL Premier Class cabin attendants will tempt you with tasty between-meal snacks such as noodle soups and ice cream. Japanese Shochu, champagne, and softdrinks are available.
- Economy Class : Choose your preference from JAL Kitchen Gallery. Enjoy the Air Series meals from your favorite chain restaurant or endulge yourself with JAL Class Creative Gourmet delicacy. JAL Paul Spain wines and complimentary mineral water are available for refreshments during the flight. Sky Oasis snack selection available on flights to and from Europe and North America (except Hawaii).
Japan Airlines Check In
- Passengers are advised to complete their check-in at least 60 minutes prior to the departure time and be at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes prior to the departure. In there's any case, no later than 10 minutes before the departure or you may not be able to board the aircraft.
- Web Check-In is available, and Self-Check In Machines are available at certain airport.
- JAL offers QuiC, a direct boarding service where a passenger can choose seat, doing web-check in, and have boarding pass issued at once, making it unnecessary to check in at the airport at the day of departure.
- Soekarno Hatta International Airport Jakarta Departure : Terminal 2D
- Changi International Airport Singapore Departure : Terminal 1
Japan Airlines Fare Rules
- Reservations can be made for up to seven (7) passengers in one transaction.
- Japan Airlines offers a variety of meal selections for dietary or religious reasons. Most types of special meals must be requested a minimum of 24 hours prior to scheduled departure, but please note that some types of special meals require additional advanced notice.
- Infants must travel in the lap of an accompanying adult, unless a seat is purchased for the infant at child fare.
Japan Airlines Change and Refund
- Changes to a booking may not be permitted after the purchase request is complete as per fare regulations. If the fare regulations permit a change, charges may apply and/or the new price may be different.
- Cancellations will be subject to a refund service charge or a cancellation penalty in accordance with the fare rules, whichever is higher. Refunding a ticket that contains more than two fare bases requires refund service charges or cancellation penalties for each fare basis.
- Change and cancellations for international flight cannot be made online.
- All refunds will be subject to a refund service charge or a cancellation penalty in accordance with the fare rules, whichever is higher. However, cancellation penalties will be waived for online reservations if requested within 24 hours after completing the reservation.