Firefly popular flight Routes
included : 15kg
||No Entertainment on board
||Food served on board
Full service airline.
FlyFirefly Sdn Bhd, operating as Firefly, is a full service point-to-point Malaysian carrier. Firefly is a full subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines. Its head office is located in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. It claims to be the first community airline in Malaysia. Firefly operates from two hubs - Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, Subang, Selangor and Penang International Airport. The airline's first flight was on 3 April 2007, from Penang to Kota Bharu. Firefly currently operates a fleet of 18 twin turboprop aircrafts which comprises of 12 ATR 72-500 and 6 ATR 72-600 aircrafts. The ATR 72 series are optimised from the start for efficiency and passenger comfort and most importantly, safety and reliability.
Date Established: 16 March 2007
Hubs: Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport and Penang International Airport.
Firefly Class Available
- All class in every Firefly's fleet is Economy class.
Firefly Baggage Allowance
- Each passenger can carry ONE piece of hand-baggage onboard that weighs 7kg or less, is no bigger than 56cmx36cmx23cm, and can fit under the seat in front of you or in the overhead cabin compartment.
- Baggage that exceeds 7kg or set dimensions, or is deemed offensive in nature will be checked into the baggage hold at Boarding Gate and RM50 fee per piece (subject to terms and conditions) will be charged.
- In addition to one piece of hand-baggage, each passenger is allowed ONE personal item such as: A handbag, pocket book or purse, a briefcase, an overcoat, wrap or blanket, electronic equipment such as laptop, iPad and camera, a small camera or a pair of binoculars, reasonable amount of reading material for the flight, baby food for consumption in-flight, walking stick/canes or crutches and/or braces/prosthetic devices, which the passenger is dependent on.
- Check In (Free Baggage Allowance Policy):
- Passengers are offered complimentary 15kg checked-baggage, which is subject to conditions and limitations; baggage that weighs more than 15kg will be charged excess baggage fees.
- Firefly passengers receive 15kg of complimentary checked-baggage allowance and if needed may proceed to purchase additional checked-baggage categories of 5kg, 10kg, 15kg & 20kg via Nusatrip.com
- Should a passenger exceed the purchased checked-baggage allowance, excess-baggage fees apply; each individual piece of checked baggage cannot exceed 32kg.
- Collapsible baby strollers or non-electrical wheelchairs are checked in for free; sports equipment, however, will incur sports equipment handling fee.
Firefly Food and Beverage
- Enjoy complimentary refreshments when on board a Firefly flight. For flights above 1 hour and 20 minutes, additional snacks are also available for purchase.
- Exclusive for passenger who boards from Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Subang, optional meal on board provided by Kampong Kravers can be purchased through Firefly Website only.
Firefly In-Flight Entertainment
- There's no in flight entertainment onboard, but Firefly provides in-flight magazines called FIREFLYZ for reading material.
Firefly Check In
- Check-in counters open one and a half hours before scheduled time of departure and close thirty (30) minutes before the domestic scheduled flight departure time. For international flight, the closing time is fourty five (45) minutes before departure.
- Web Check in available; Firefly passengers can check in online at the earliest 14 days and at the latest 1 (ONE) hour before scheduled time of departure. Code share passengers can check-in online as early as 24 hours up to 1 (ONE) hour prior to the scheduled departure time. Currently this feature is only available for flights within Malaysia and to and from Singapore only. This facility will soon be available for Indonesian and Thailand flights.
- Indonesia Departure: Sultan Iskandar Muda International Airport Banda Aceh to Penang, 1 flight daily; and from Kuala Namu Airport Medan to Subang, 4x weekly flight.
Firefly Fare Rules
- Fares apply only to carriage from the airport at the point of origin to the airport at the point of destination unless we say otherwise.
- Firefly may change, cancel, reschedule or delay any flight that we reasonably consider to be justified because of circumstances beyond our control, or for safety or commercial reasons. Nusatrip.com shall endeavour to contact you in advance to inform you of the change in flight schedule, so it is very important that you give us accurate contact details to ensure that you receive our notification.
- Infant(s) whose age on the date of travel is below two (2) years but above eight (8) days old shall be subject to the prevailing fees as provided for in the Fees Schedule. An infant may travel provided he sits on an adult’s lap. Only one (1) infant is allowed per adult.
Firefly Change and Refund
- Name and date changes may be allowed, depending on the fare rules of the purchased ticket. Unfortunately, no changes to the routes will be allowed. You can contact Nusatrip.com's customer service for enquiries. Such changes will incur a fee as well as differences in fare, if any.
- No changes are allowed for any flight changes made within two (2) hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time.
- Flight changes up to two (2) hours from the scheduled flight departure time shall be subject to payment of the charges. Please contact Nusatrip.com customer service for further details.