China Eastern Popular Flight Routes
included: 20 kg
||Entertainment on board
||Food served on board
Full service airline (International routes).
China Eastern Airlines is one of the three largest major state-owned air transport companies in China, headquartered in Shanghai. It is a major Chinese airline operating international, domestic and regional routes. As an official member of SkyTeam, China Eastern has extended its flight network from Shanghai to 1000 cities in 187 countries via close cooperation with SkyTeam member airlines.
Date Established : 25 June 1988
Hubs : Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport and Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
China Eastern Airlines Class Available
- Economy Class: China Eastern Airlines Economy Class passenger will experience a cabin with comfortable seats with extra legroom, adjustable footrest and winged headrests. Passengers on all overnight flight exceeding four and a half hour and day flight exceeding eight hours, are able to enjoy amenity kits including a toothbrush set and a pair of kitted socks. In-flight dining includes a world class cuisine and signature dishes created by International Culinary Panel. Entertainment in-flight is also available. Baggage allowanced up to 20 kg for domestic and international flight.
- Business Class: China Eastern Airlines Business Class cabin is equipped with comfortable seats that can be converted into fully lie-flat and also pillow, socks, eyeshades, armrest, duvet and personal reading light. Passengers are able to use extra storage for shoes and personal belongings, 110V AC laptop power supply. Food with special dietary needs and wine is available. Baggage allowanced up to 30 kg for domestic and international flight. For entertainment in-flight, China Eastern Airlines provides a personal TV with more than 150 entertainment options including feature films, TV programs, and classic movie.
- First Class: China Eastern Airlines First Class is equipped with seats that can be converted into 180 degrees fully lie-flat beds, pillow, duvet, a pajama suit, suit eye-shades, socks, large dining table and personal reading light. China Eastern Airlines also provides a personal TV and a laptop power supply source which can be used with adaptor. Food with special dietary needs and wine is available. Baggage allowanced up to 40 kg for domestic and international flight.
China Eastern Airlines Baggage Allowance
- Passenger can carry onboard a free baggage allowance with maximum length 56 cm, width 23 cm and height 36 cm. Weight of each bag may not exceed 7 kg for Economy Class, 10 kg for Business Class and 15 kg for First Class.
- Passengers with infant are permitted to bring infant food into their baggage with maximum length 100 cm and weight 10 kg.
- Check-in (Free Baggage Policy):
- The maximum baggage limit for Economy Class up to 20 kg, Business Class 30 kg and First Class 40 kg for both international and domestic flight.
- Sporting equipment can be carried with no extra cost, maximum 10 kg in weight for golfing equipment and 3 kg for snow/water skiing equipment.
China Eastern Airlines In-Flight Entertainment
First Class and Business Class travelers have access to a comprehensive program of entertainment with the extended China Eastern Media Panel. The four options MUcinema, MUTVstation, MUcdplayer and MUshow can be individually selected via the personal screen facing each seat: the choice includes 100 video options with 30 cinema films in up to eight languages, 30 TV programs and 17 music magazines from around the world, 170 CDs, a selection of audio books, 23 radio programs with many international channels and games in 11 languages.
China Eastern Airlines Check In
- International Flight: Check-in counters are opened 2 hours before departure and will be closed 90 minutes before departure time.
- Domestic Flight: Check-in counters are opened 2 hours before departure and will be closed 30 minutes before departure time.
- Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport Departure: Terminal 1 (International flight), Terminal 2 (Domestic Flight)
- Web Check-in available beginning 24 hours before the flight departure time.
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport Departure: Terminal 1
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Jakarta Departure: Terminal TBA
- Singapore Changi Airport Departure: Terminal 3
China Eastern Airlines Fare Rules
- Children of ages between 2 years and 12 years must buy children's tickets subject to departure date.
- An infant under 2 years of age and reaching 14 days not occupying a separate seat is charged at 10% of the adult fare.
- Fares, taxes and charges shall be payable in any currency acceptable to China Eastern Airlines.
- China Eastern Airlines may adjust the scheduled flight due to weather, air traffic control, airplane maintenance, airplane reallocation etc, including the change of airplane type or route, cancel, suspend, delay or postpone a flight.
China Eastern Airlines Change and Refund
- The passenger name cannot be altered after the E-ticket has been issued.
- Passengers can ask for a refund for the ticket if they have not used the ticket for certain or all parts of the flight within the term of validity of the paper or electric ticket.
- A refund must be applied no later than thirteen (13) months after the commencement date of the first carriage (or the Ticket filling date, if the first flight segment has not been used). China Eastern Airlines will not accept a refund application after the expiry of the aforesaid time limit.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original form of payment. Cash or checks cannot be issued if the ticket was purchased with a credit card.
- A refund payable to the person who purchased the ticket if his/her flight is cancelled by China Eastern Airlines.