SilkAir Popular Flight Routes
included: 30 kg
||Food served onboard
Full service airline (International routes).
SilkAir is an airline with its head office in Airlines House in Singapore. As the regional wing of Singapore Airlines, SilkAir operates the Singapore Airlines Group's narrow body fleet and extends the Group network by seeding and developing new, exciting destinations in Asia Pacific. Today, the full service airline operates more than 350 weekly flights to 45 destinations in 12 countries.
Date Established : 1989 (as Tradewinds Charters)
Hubs : Singapore Changi Airport
SilkAir Class Available
- Economy Class: SilkAir Economy Class cabin is equipped with ergonomically designed seats with adjustable headrest and 12 inches of ample legroom. All seats have a seat pitch of 31 inches. SilkAir’s warm and friendly cabin crew will welcome passengers with a refreshing drink and reading material. Entertainment in-flight is also provided. Baggage allowanced up to 30 kg.
- Business Class: SilkAir Business Class passenger will enjoy a seat pitch of between 39 to 40 inches and legroom of 19.3 inches. Business class passengers also are able to enjoy leather seats which are on all Airbus 319s, and most Airbus 320s. The seat has been specially designed to optimize legroom, letting you stretch out and unwind in the comfort and privacy of a separate cabin. Passengers are able to enjoy complimentary hot or cold snacks and refreshments. On board, they also can enjoy delectable food, wine and personalized service from cabin crew who will take care of their every need throughout the flight. Baggage allowanced up to 40 kg.
SilkAir Baggage Allowance
- The maximum baggage limit for Economy Class is one piece with maximum weight up to 7 kg and 2 x 7 kg bags for Business Class with maximum dimensions 50cm x 40 cm x 25 cm (115 cm).
- Effective 15 November 2013, the maximum baggage limit for Economy Class up to 30 kg and Business Class up to 40 kg for all destinations except United States / Brazil.
- Effective 15 November 2013, the maximum baggage limit for all classes is 2 pieces not exceeding 32kg per piece for flights to United States / Brazil.
- Infants are allowed 10kg of baggage. Additionally, a fully collapsible stroller or pushchair and carry-cot or car seat may be checked in without charge.
- If you are travelling to and from Australia, Brunei, Italy, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom, please note that, in accordance with local Occupational Health Safety rules, each of your checked bags cannot exceed 32kg.
SilkAir In-Flight Entertainment
Passengers can also sit back, relax and enjoy their new wireless in-flight entertainment system. Complementing our existing overhead drop-down screens, passengers can now stream up to 20 Hollywood and international movies, 26 TV features as well as 100 chart-topping music albums via WI-FI directly onto their personal mobile devices at no additional cost. SilkAir also offers a selection of magazine titles on board and screens a series of short features on their inflight screens. SilkAir in-flight magazine is Silkwinds. It is published every month.
SilkAir Food and Beverages
When it’s time to dine, passengers will find the Singaporean origins with local favourites such as Hainanese Chicken Rice and Laksa, and a diverse selection of Malay, Indian and Chinese dishes. In addition, passengers can pair their meal with a glass of red or white wine as they sit back and enjoy their flight.
SilkAir Check In
- International Flight: The Check-In deadline varies from 120 to 150 minutes before departure time, depending on your departure and arrival airport and will be closed from 30 to 45 minutes before the scheduled time of departure for all classes. For passengers at Singapore Changi Airport, may check in from 48 hours before flight departure with their baggage. This service will be available daily from 4.30am until the departure of the last flight for the day.
- Web Check-in available beginning 48 hours and up to 2 hour before departure time.
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport Jakarta Departure: Terminal 2E (codeshare flight operated by Garuda Indonesia)
- Singapore Changi Airport Departure: Terminal 2
SilkAir Fare Rules
- It is not recommended to fly with infants within the first seven days after birth and definitely not acceptable under 48 hours from birth. The infant passenger must be under 24 months throughout the whole journey. If the infant turns 2 years old before the return trip, applicable child’s fare, tax, fee and charges apply.
- SilkAir reserve the right to change passengers’ seat at any time for operational, safety or security reason.
SilkAir Change and Refund
- SilkAir will only process a refund to the named ticket holder, or to the person whom original payment was made.
- All refund requests must be submitted no later than 30 days after the ticket validity period.
- SilkAir reserves the right to decline payment/refund
- All tickets are non-transferable